Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Pats

So did I do anything to celebrate St.Pats this years?

Nope.
I didn't sew anything green.
I didn't wear anything green. (and no one pinched me.)
I did not bake anything green either. The closest I got to green was the salad I made to go with lunch.

No, this does not mean I am a St. Pats humbug. I just do not celebrate it outwardly. Living in a college town were St. Pats is used as a lame excuse to get drunk for most of the students does not encourage me to wear green. Not only that, I look terrible in green.

I do like St. Patrick. As a matter of a fact I wrote an extensive research paper on him in 11th grade. It was most interesting. It was a persuasive paper that took the view that the Middle Ages was not a Dark Ages because Christianity grew and flourished thanks to St. Patrick and his contemporaries.

I could go into details about the paper and all of the neat stuff I learned, but it is late and I am tired. I shall thus save that wonderful topic for next year when I have worked this whole blogging thing out a bit more and have a bit more time to post.

Have a wonderful remainder of St. Pats.

No comments: