Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Muppets! Amy Adams Costumes

Yesterday I went to the movie theaters in the United States for the first time. I went out with my wonderful sister-in-law and we went to see The Muppets. I wasn't expecting much. I knew I would at least enjoy the Muppets themselves, but I did not expect to see anything remotely interesting with costumes. 

I was surprised!!!

Amy Adams wore the most adorable outfits!

Her outfits were all very retro, with a 1950's appeal.

She started the show out in an adorable red floral blouse with a bright yellow circle skirt and red belt. 


I loved all of the bright, bold colour combinations.


The next dress she wore was a green striped dress.


The dress has a matching belt and the skirt is rather full. It looked as if it were a circle skirt to me.


She had her red hair curled and pulled back softly from her face and wore bright orange heel 


The sleeves were tulip sleeves! That made me happy as it is one of my favorite sleeve cuts. It allows for so much more range of motion.


Here is a closer up on the bodice. It is cut on the bias and gathered, giving it a princess appearance.


Then she wore a aqua blue dress with a bright purple belt. 


Here is a bit closer on the bodice. It had a wide oval neckline with little bows for trim.


For a lot of the outfits I could not find pictures yet. There were several other really cute ones.


I hope that movies such as this will bring back some of these fashions. They are so pretty.


This was one of my favorite outfits that Amy wore. It looks as if it is the same basic pattern that was used in green dress that she wore near the beginning. It is a pink eyelet with simple set in sleeves. I could not find a full dress picture of this one.


She also wore a stunning peach shirt waist dress with pin tucks adorning the bodice.


The dress had purple and pink flowers printed on the skirt. She wore this dress with a purple belt.


Here is her final outfit. She wore a bright orange bodice with a brown skirt and cream belt. 


The bodice was pleated and crossed-over in the front.


The sleeves were split flutter sleeves.

The costumes may not have been impressive and stunning period costumes with tons of intricate detail. But they were charming and adorable.

Amy Adam's outfits provide some goodies for the eyes of a costumer, seamstress, or retro enthusiast.

So, go see it while the costumes can still be seen on the big screen.


5 comments:

bananaorangeapple said...

Hi,
I really liked reading about Amy's costumes, and since I was writing a review of the movie on my blog I put a link in there too.
Hope you don't mind. Please go have a look
<3 Hannah
http://bananaquilts.blogspot.com/2012/01/muppets.html


Oops, just realised I forgot to tag my blog post, oh well, better go fix it up..

bananaorangeapple said...

Me again,
My sister would like me to learn how to make the tulip sleeves like in her aqua stripy dress, so if you know of a tutorial or a good pattern for me to practise on please do let me know :)
Hannah

Laura said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the post. I had fun writing it. I actually have a blog tutorial on how to alter a sleeve pattern into a tulip sleeve and have not had the time to finish it and post it here yet. I will try and get that done here in the next couple of days for your sister. It is actually really easy to make a tulip sleeve. I love making them as they allow for a greater range of motion and adds variety.

I shall try to get that up in the next couple of days.

Laura said...

Just posted the my tutorial on how to alter a sleeve into a tulip sleeve.

Another good tutorial is this one.
http://sewchicpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/04/make-your-own-tulip-sleeve-tutorial.html

Arjun Kapoor said...

Amy Adams has some fantastic roles under her belt.We provide here the list of List of Amy Adams upcoming movies She's played Lois Lane in the recent Superman movies, a real-life Disney Princess in Enchanted, and aviation legend Amelia Earhart in Night at the Museum 2. We also loved her in The Fighter — heck, she's even worked with the Muppets! Arguably one of Hollywood's most underrated actresses, with a wealth of experience in many genres of movies, she's still not managed to get herself an Oscar. Well, with her new movies and TV project, I can only hope Adams gets the recognition she deserves.So to help keep you on top of this talented lady‘s anticipated new movie releases, we've made a handy list of the next Amy Adams films and tv shows. Let's check them out! Source