Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sleeves

I like sleeves.

Sleeves are very useful.

Without sleeves we would all have bare arms. Yes, I know that we were given the right to "bare" arms in the second amendment. But, if we all had bare arms then we would be terribly cold.
Sleeves are also nice additions to most garments and give them a finished look.

I do understand that there are some styles that are sleeveless and if sleeves were added would look funny.
But I am a firm believer in sleeves and the benefits of them. Without sleeves I feel half dressed. Yes, I even had a swim suit with sleeves. With sleeves there is an unending possibility of different designs. Whether you want a long, three-quarters length, short, or small cap sleeve. Then there is all sorts of variation in cut.

There is the batwing sleeve,

bell sleeve,



bishop sleeve,


kimono sleeve,



tulip sleeve,



puff sleeve,



raglan sleeve,


leg-o-mutton sleeve,


lantern sleeve,



cap sleeve,

and so very many more.

Sleeves are very handy elements and can make a very simple bodice look amazing.
And as said by a well known redhead "Look at those sleeves! Oh, it seems to me this must be a happy dream." Anne Shirley

No comments: