Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Optimistic or just a hoarder?

I am an optimistic person.

As I mentioned yesterday I deep cleaned my room. That included sorting through all of my clothing and deciding what to keep and what needed to go because it was too big, too small, or just not worn. Now the problem is my desire to turn any garment that I do not wear or like into something I will wear and like. That is optimistic me coming out. I am positive that I can turn anything into something cute. Well, almost anything, I do throw out old t-shirts. Anyhow, now I have a small tub in my closet of skirts that are too small but still have cute material, and shirts that were too big or just not quite right. I shall dive into that tub every few months and sort through it trying to rationalize why I still have it all. Some of it goes, a few articles stay and every once and a while I actually do alter a garment into something I like.

2 comments:

Shaylynn said...

Laura-- if you look around the blogosphere, there are all sorts of cute tutorials for "altered" clothes... One cute one that I saw took a too-big tshirt, put some darts in the side, and used the material they cut out from the darts and made some rosettes to frame the neckline.

Laura said...

The main problem I have is lack of time, not ideas. Between theatre, the kitchen and household work, and school I hardly have time to do much sewing for myself right now. Oh well, once Seussical is finished....